Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Obama's Debate Notes













I was sent these images in an email about the debate.  I am not sure where they came from and who made them, but I am probably right in assuming that these are not the actual debate notes from Barack Obama.  There have been many discussions of Obama and his behavior and lack of energy at the first debate in Denver.  I feel like Obama wasn't really present at the debate, that he seemed tired, distracted, and not mentally or emotionally prepared.  These two images were created by somebody in response to his behavior that we witnessed at the debates.  They are reminiscent of notes that are taken in a high school or middle school class.  "Obama's notes" start out as being present with topics to discuss, and like Obama was in real life, there is a slow decline with his attention to the debate topics.  There are doodles, little jokes, responses to things that Romney said.... they reflect somebody who is bored and just writing train of thought.  These drawings are similar to political cartoons, in that you it is really up to the viewer to interpret them how they want and they are poking fun at the political candidates.  I think that these really do make fun of not just Obama, but also the moderator Jim Lehrer, as well as Romney.  I think they are really funny!  I would be curious to see both Obama and Romney's notes from the actual debate.  I wonder if they look anything like these do!

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing them. It's amazing how they function. Even though one know they are not really by Pres. Obama, it's hard to escape the idea of him making them. Very strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true! I would be interested in actually seeing their debate notes. I am sure they don't look anything like this!

    ReplyDelete