Thursday, September 20, 2012

Les Miserables

So I know that what I am about to post is not necessarily related to politics, but in a way it is.  I just saw this movie clip that is all about the making of the new Les Miserables movie and I had to share it with somebody, so I am sharing it on my blog!  The story IS related to politics because it takes place in France before and during the June Rebellion, also known as the Paris Uprising in 1832.  The musical is based off of Victor Huge's novel Les Miserables, which is very famous and well known.  It is a great literary example of taking a historical event and writing a novel based off of it.  It follows many different characters around, including a young man named Marius who is a student and also apart of the Paris Uprising in 1832.  This uprising was a rebellion by the Parisian Republicans, a group that was largely composed of students, who were fighting against the monarchy.  Many of the scenes take place on a barricade that has been set by the students and members of the rebellion to protect themselves against the monarchy and their soldiers.  

I am so incredibly excited for this movie!  I love musicals and I think this movie looks like it is incredibly well made.  Just wanted to share with y'all! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great! I look forward to its release. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete